Parts of the Whole

Friday, October 7, 2011

Food Friday


Now that we're moved in and settled, I was able to plan and execute a menu. It was glorious and since I can only run the dishwasher about once a day (I have to walk Melodie while the dishwasher is running or else she shakes like a leaf the entire time it's going), there was a little creativity in the cooking process. Without further ado, Food Friday.


Friday: Chicken Alfredo Pizza

Pizza crust from scratch with garlic butter

Ready for the heat

Time for my close up

Golden delicious

Might have taken every pot/pan in my kitchen but so worth it
 Sunday: Bacon Cheese Frittata

Cheesy eggy goodness

Perhaps it needs more cheese.

Done!

It was good but not great. Husband suggested adding hash browns, proving that he's more than just a pretty face.
Monday: Parmesan Corn Chowder

Pacific Northwest Comfort Food
Tuesday: Easy Mexican Chicken and Beans from Betty Crocker's Chicken Cookbook

Beans, Mexi Corn, Rotisserie Chicken, Taco Seasoning...any questions?

This sound became an oozing delicious mess on my plate. That'll teach me to buy tortillas somewhere other than Costco.
Wednesday: Cheese Turkeyburgers

I kind of made this up as I went along

Topped them off with Havarti cheese
Thursday: Bacon, Mushroom and Extra Sharp Cheddar Potato Crusted Quiche from For the Love of Cooking

Potato crust

Every body into the quiche!

Not burnt, just overly done (stupid oven).

Biscuits and quiche.
All recipes will be posted on the "What's Cooking?" page, so be sure and check it out.

3 comments:

  1. I have a recommendation for your burger recipe! This is going to sound weird, trust me, but ever since we tried this recipe, we haven't stopped using it. We add 1 egg, 1/2 cup of oats, 1/3 cup diced onion, 1/2 cup chopped spinach, 2 tbsp. shredded cheddar cheese and salt/pepper. Works great with ground turkey or beef. :) Keeps the burgers to moist when you cook them, and adds tons of yummy flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a whole lot of tasty food! Congrats on getting settled into your new home... we are looking forward to being finished with the moving process! Thanks for the shout out and link back to my site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie-that sounds like a totally loaded burger! Will have to try soon.

    Pam-You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!