Parts of the Whole

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

R&R

On Sunday, Husband and I took a work truck up to Astoria. While we were there, we got to do a little sightseeing. We visited the Column, a tribute to Astoria history, and hiked the 164 steps to the top. We fulfilled our touristy needs and stocked up on souvenirs. From there, it was off to the Goonies house and much motion sickness driving around badly laid out streets. Then it was lunch at The Wet Dog Cafe and a much needed glass of Strawberry Blonde. And more souvenir shopping. We picked up his co-worker who rode back with us to Lincoln City to take another truck back to Astoria, making stops along 101 for Kodak (Sony??) moments.

I write all of that to expound upon the glories of having a day off. A day off with Husband. A day off for the two of us to do fun stuff. And it was fun. We took pictures (none of which I have remembered to include) and indulged ourselves and talked about whatever we felt like. It was absolutely the most restful time I've had away from work in months.

It's nice to finally be at that point where I'm ok being away from work, to not have it consuming my every thought. I love my new position and every lesson learned, whether it was something I did right or wrong, has been worth it.

The hardest lesson, I think, was not letting other people dictate how I was going to feel and it's something I have to remind myself of still. By nature I'm non-confrontational; however, in order to let my employees know what is expected of them, I have to step out of my comfort zone. It's still my job to set perameters and then enforce them. As scary as that is, it's what I'm being paid for.

So, hopefully now that life has become more routine, so will my blog posts. I really appreciate you, my readers, who faithfully put up with poor grammar and sub par recipes. You're way cooler than you realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!