Parts of the Whole

Friday, March 16, 2012

Food Friday

Not gonna lie. Sometimes it's difficult to get full when eating between 1200 and 1500 calories. But...I sure as hell tried. AND I'm down three pounds. *Insert applause here* Even more difficult than actually counting the calories, though, was trying to make food Husband would still eat. He's been very supportive, which I appreciate, even when I needed a few more calories to make my day and he suggested Pop-tarts. Something about fruit filling.

Anywho, I did manage to find some great recipes once again on Sparkpeople.com and I think they'll make great additions to future menus.

Enchiladas
I think from now on I will always make enchiladas use corn tortillas. I will not, however, be rolling them again. This recipe reminded me of why I stopped doing that; mainly, because I suck at it. I did make Husband a couple in flour tortillas and I also added some fresh cilantro to my enchilada sauce. My cilantro obsession continues.

Crock Pot Sour Cream and Onion Chicken

If you don't try another recipe from this post, try this one. Super easy and the sauce made my super bland brown rice phe-nom-e-nal. One note: Even with still partially frozen chicken breasts, this recipe cooked in 4 hours on low. I think I must have the world's most impatient slow cooker.

Johnsonville 3-Cheese Chicken Sausage and Noodles

*Sigh* Just looking at this makes me hungry. Alas, I did not eat this. This is what I made for Husband after I heated up a sausage and brown rice for myself. I had leftover Lipton side dish noodles from his dinner yesterday, so I mixed the two together. It smelled so good. He ate it all. What a good man, eliminating temptation for his wife.

I'm rather impressed that I was able to sit down and write this entire post without having to run to the bathroom. Since starting to regularly drink 8 glasses of water a day, I've gone thru two entire rolls of toilet paper by myself. Interestingly enough, I think I've gotten to the point where if I were stranded in the wilderness, I would be okay drinking my own pee. TMI??

So, what did was your splurge for the week? Perhaps a slice of New York-style cheesecake? Hmm? Perhaps?

9 comments:

  1. Haha! I feel like I keep talking about apps, but I've been using one called My Fitness Pal, and have also been counting calories. The app makes it ridiculously easy to track water intake, exercise, weight loss, diet and calories. It's such an eye opener to count calories though, and yes, also hard! But, I do see it working, now I just need to work on the exercise piece. My splurge was on employee appreciation day: Hagen-Daz (sp?) ice cream bar...OMG...so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of that app. Currently I'm using the Sparkpeople app but once I become more confident in my calorie counting skills I may venture off into new territory.

      Delete
  2. I'll have to check that one out too! I'm still trying to master the whole counting calories bit. I thought I was eating pretty healthy until I saw the breakdown of calories, fats, etc.. It feels pretty daunting right now, but hoping it just becomes second nature. Anywho, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great!! and good for you! I think I feel overall better when i eat healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do feel better...just hungry too.

      Delete
  4. Drinking water is so good for us! All of the food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had so much water you could call me Nemo. And thanks!

      Delete
  5. omg i made some ridic good fairly healthy enchiladas the other day too...yum! congrats on losing! and i'm sorry my sweets post last week made you blow your mental calorific intake (i totally laughed out loud when I rad that)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're forgiven...until your next delicious looking post.

      Delete

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!