Parts of the Whole

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Food, er, Saturday

This week passed in a blur. Most of the time I was asleep. Melodie went to the vet and we learned she has a heart murmur. Dealt with cranky people. Am constantly hungry. This post is already late and I don't know what to write. I'll just get to the good part.

Mac & Cheese
 Tried a new, slightly healthier version of mac and cheese. Also, used whole grain pasta which was surprisingly tasty. Even more surprising was the fact that Husband had a second helping.

I've been really bad at remembering to take the picture BEFORE I start eating, but in my defense, I make a tasty tasty ham sandwich.

Mexican Cornbread Casserole
 
Close up of the yummy goodness.

Mmmm corn bread.
 I love all things corn bread. Husband doesn't really, but last time I checked it was I who made culinary decisions in this house.

Crockpot Chicken Ragu


Served with whole grain pasta again. I made this mistake of adding a little water from trying to get the last of the sauce out of the spaghetti sauce jar, so my sauce was thing. Will note for next time.

Hope this post wasn't too boring for you. I'll try to do better next week (try being the operative word).

PS Anyone else think cornbread should be it's own food group?

2 comments:

  1. These look awesome! You'll love a chilli cornbread pie I have in mind for next week. The cranky people seemed epidemic last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting in (not so patient) anticipation for this chili cornbread pie.

      Delete

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!