Parts of the Whole

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

**Reading Recommendation** Blogging Dangerously

When Husband and I made the decision to move to Oregon, it was quite possibly the scariest thing I've ever done. Scarier than committing my life to one man (he's hot, what can I say?). Scarier than working in an industry where people hate you. Scarier even than writing a blog. After all, I'd been in the same town eight years, the longest I've spent anywhere. I had a great full time job with benefits and a family of friends. However, after weighing the pros and cons, the decision seemed to make itself and here we are. The thing I had to keep reminding myself was to breathe. Sit back, take a deep breath and tell myself everything was going to be fine (and it is).

Now if I had read this post by Kit at Blogging Dangerously, I think I would've had a better handle on my survival. Kit's posts are usually anything but rated G and honestly, that's why I like them. She writes about all the things I wonder about but am way to prudish conservative to write about. This particular post, though, is a story that she tells her kids and uses as a reminder to herself. I recommend printing it off and keeping it on your fridge, so the next time you're close to having a melt down, you'll be reminded to BREATHE.

Watching for the Fear Monster

2 comments:

  1. That was a great post and love the fear monster story. I have one of those little critters staring me down, I shall try breathing deep and holding my breath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also recommend whip cream flavored vodka but not at the same time as breathing; that could result in some unfortunate choking.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!