Parts of the Whole

Monday, October 31, 2011

**Meatless Monday** Powdered Milk to the Rescue

All I wanted was biscuits and gravy. That's it. Biscuits. And gravy. However, I used the last of the milk for who knows what (no seriously, I can't remember, maybe it went bad??) and had a mild panic attack, so I turned to the only source of culinary knowledge I completely trust (sort of): the Maternal Unit. She of course made brilliant suggestions, one being powdered milk, which I keep on hand for baking purposes, and now for emergency biscuit and gravy cravings. Didn't turn out too badly and my cravings have been officially subdued.

This is how we make biscuits at work. This is how I will make them from now on. I suggest you do the same.

Biscuits and gravy from the Queen of Improvisation
So do you always have everything on hand when a craving comes a callin'? Or do you like to fly by the seat of your pants?

PS Megan at My Little Miss Stubborn posted her last 31 for 21 post. Make sure to check it out and catch up on any of the other 30 days you might have missed (my personal faves are 2 and 29).

PSs Happy Howwwwwwwwloween!

Bright light!

2 comments:

  1. Great job!! I suddenly have a craving for biscuits & gravy - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I still have biscuits left over and need breakfast, except this time I might have to try evaporated milk.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!