Parts of the Whole

Monday, September 12, 2011

What About Bob?

I convinced Husband to take me out for dinner to Red Robin last night because 1) my kitchen is packed and 2) I wanted Red Robin. So, away we went.

We arrived and were seated immediately, our server "Bob" (names have been changed to protect the ridiculous) introduced himself, made lame jokes and took our entire order (yes it took him long enough to get to us that we were ready to order our entire meal). He brought us out our drinks and that was the last we saw of him for, oh say, the rest of our meal. Someone else brought our appetizer and was kind enough to get me a refill and another person brought our meal. At this point, Bob did reappear long enough to bring me another refill (side note: I highly recommend Red Robin's Freckled Lemonade, it almost makes having a vanishing act for a waiter worth it...almost). Bob's first words to us, though, before he disappeared again to get my drink were, "did you guys get your appetizer already? I thought maybe I forgot to ring it up." We had indeed already received the appetizer and enjoyed it thoroughly. No brownie points for Bob today. I was able to put in another order of fries, which were brought to us by our third server of the night.

Now my question is, who gets the tip? Probably the Amazing Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!