Parts of the Whole

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Great Minds...

Apparently the UDG isn't the only salad connoisseur this week. The local newspaper does a food section every Wednesday, which my saintly coworker (the one who gave me the quesadilla maker) brings to me since I'm not cool enough to have a subscription (yes having a newspaper delivered to you, even if it's just your local two page rag, makes you cool). Today, the food section featured this:



Now to find out who Jacques Pepin is...

In the meantime, I think I'll focus on today's salad. Ever since I was a little girl, traipsing behind my mom while she gardened, I've had an affinity for cucumbers. I don't even peel them half the time because I just want to eat them so badly. So once again turning to Allrecipes.com, I made a lovely cucumber salad. Two things: could've used more vinegar and I added Feta. I know, big surprise, I threw cheese on it but strangely enough, it could've used MORE Feta. Pretty unbelievable, huh?? I let it marinate in the fridge for about an hour (sans Feta) and it was delish. I'm left with quite a bit of leftover dressing, though, and what goes best with Feta and dill? That's right, baby carrots. One for Mandie, one for Melodie, one for Bubbles, half for Juice and the rest of the bag for this girl. 

I know this is completely colorless but if you're looking for food art check out  For the Love of Cooking. Girl knows how to take a quality photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!