Parts of the Whole

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Monday, Tuesday, Happy Days

So since I've been ridiculouslyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bored at work and home for the past couple of days, I thought I'd do an update on how Salad Week is going.

Salad Week is, so far, the highlight of 2011. I sometimes forget that eating food that's (for the most part) good for you, makes you feel as if you can conquer that marathon. Or at least take the girls for a nice long walk.

I kicked the week off by making the dressing from this recipe on Sunday night (am I a planner or what?). I didn't really adapt the recipe in any way, shape or form, except that instead of spinach I used mixed green from TJ's and added Gorgonzola cheese (my 2nd fave after Feta). This was probably hands down the best salad I've ever eaten. Was tempted to drink the leftover liquid out of the bowl but refrained because I didn't want to scare the children.

Just soooooooooo good.
Today I made something I've never had before, ever. Not even sure why I thought it sounded good. Still made it. That's right, I'm talking about Chicken Salad. I realize that it's just like tuna but with chicken but I still looked up a recipe. Previous attempts at unabashed domesticity have taught me 'tis better to have play by someone else's rules than end up with food poisoning. I did get a little brave and have it on mixed greens instead of bread (except for the second helping, in which I just straight up devoured it).

Food stylist I am not, but it tasted good.
So now that I am sufficiently full, I think I'll go partake in some physical act. By myself. Or maybe with a dog. Or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!