Parts of the Whole

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

One Stroke Too Many Cook

In the past few years I have had to learn to stop when a project is done. I have the nasty tendency of taking things that are perfectly fine and adding one bedazzle too many. Broccoli at my house goes from just another green veggie to perfection in CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!! SAUCE!!!!!!!!!!!! (I couldn't resist; did I mention I used evaporated milk in my cheese sauce? I dreamt about it last night).

Tonight I made turkey burgers but in true UDG fashion they weren't just turkey burgers, they were actually delicious turkey burgers. Kind of. This is the 2nd time I've made this recipe and it still tastes like meatloaf. Now don't get me wrong, I love meatloaf. LOVE IT. Once my mutti taught me how to make it, I was in heaven. I just don't want my burgers to taste like it. I want them to taste like burgers. Like burgers burgers. I miss red meat.

Potato salad to the rescue. Three ingredients: potatoes, Hellman's mayonnaise, and mustard. Paprika to make it look pretty. Enough leftover for lunch. Tomorrow is another day.


Oh how I love my Foreman.



I should've used a smaller plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!