Parts of the Whole

Monday, January 12, 2015

Completely Mad...Lib



If you remember from this post, I talked about how one of my goals was to write more. It's one of the ways I remain centered and a little less Ted Bundy. In conjunction with writing more, I was also going to run more. Which I have. I've even enlisted Melodie, who now thinks that every time we go out the door we should be running. In an effort to be more active period, I took advantage of being an SPA (SweatPink Ambassador) and signed up for the #NoExcuses Challenge. Each Sunday I receive an email with our daily challenges for the week. The challenges range from doing a 30 second plank to sharing a healthy recipe (probably one that doesn't require you to use a can opener to access all your ingredients).

There are a bunch of awesome sponsors (Augusta Active, ShowerPill, ActivMotion Bar, Beaming with Health, Actio926, WIN Detergent and Sasquatch Racing) who are giving out some awesome prizes for participating in other activities and let's face it, we all know I love for free shiz. This time it's filling in a mad lib which I'm terrible at. This should be interesting. (Forgive the uninspired answers. My 5AM wake up time is finally catching up with me.)

  • Hey 2015, it’s me DCG(nickname, spirit animal, real name, blog name)
  • This year I would like to run more, cook more, and write more.
  • It would also be super duper awesome if I also did a 10k this year. It’s not a resolution, though, just a reminder to myself to try and have the best year yet because it's all about your attitude.
  • The thing I am looking forward to most this year is continuing in my new job.
  • I’ll use the one thing that truly gets me out of bed in the morning which is coffee to help me get up, get rolling (verb) and get after my #NoExcuses 2015.
  • Speaking of excuses (ahem), my very favorite excuse is "I'm too tired" and I have used it to get out of doing exercise and writing on more than a billion (number) occasions.
  • I vow to move my body and be more healthy this year even if it means I have to get up even earlier.
  • Even if my alarm clock gets eaten by the dog in the middle of the night, I'll still wake up at 5AM.
  • I will stop blaming the Monkey [ex: kids, dog, husband] for eating the rest of the ice cream when everyone knows it was really me.
  • My job [job, hair, car, husband, kids] is not the reason I make excuses. I will show my job [same as before] who's boss this year and get my run[type of sweaty activity] on
  • I know that running[type of workout] is better than whittling [noun]
  • I will reward myself by not caring a fig how often I do it or for how long
  • No Excuses 2015 has just begun and already I am imagining myself a winner. I can’t wait to rock a Ladies Action Color Block Skort(article of clothing) from Augusta Active. I can’t wait till my sweaty friends are jealous of how fresh, clean and glowing (adj) I am between workouts with help from ShowerPill body wipes. I can see myself rocking the plank [yoga pose / workout move] in new Rock the Course leggings[article of clothing from Actio926] from Actio926 and looking fit and fly while doing it. And of course, I’ll be taking my workouts to the next level and improving my strength[noun] with my new ActivMotion Bar to help me train for my next  5k[distance] race with Sasquatch Racing.
  • Oh, and let’s not forget how amazing my reflective shirt[article of clothing] will smell in my / during my run [favorite type of workout] after washing with some WIN Detergent. And lastly, I’ll keep rocking my 2015 with clean eats and nutrition from Beaming with Health!
  • Tag, Tweet, shout-out, call, text, fax or email 3 friends to take this survey and share how they will have a #NoExcuses 2015. Remind your friends to simply fill in the underlined parts!
  • Use the #NoExcuses hashtag and post to win prizes from Augusta Active, ShowerPill, ActivMotion Bar, WIN Detergent, Actio926, Beaming with Health, and Sasquatch Racing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!