Parts of the Whole

Friday, December 12, 2014

Decisions, Decisions

It had crossed my mind to delete this blog. To get rid of my Facebook page for this blog. To admit defeat when it comes to being a blogger. And I think I'd be justified.

In February, it will be two years since I last wrote anything here. It's actually quite humorous that my blogging sabbatical came in correlation with my pregnancy. Yep that's right, I'm a mommy. To a human baby. We call him Monkey (like as a nickname; we gave him two middle names, that was cruel enough). We've moved a few more times and are in a house now (still renting, sorry mom). No more guinea pigs and the same dogs. Still have a personal blog filled with pictures of the Monkey. New jobs for Husband and me. I even started my own business.

With all that going on, I'd be crazy to think I could get back into the swing of blogging things. But if there's anything that motherhood has taught me (and honestly, I didn't know shizz before I became a parent), that you need a little crazy to keep you sane.

Will there still be food recipes? Probably. But you try cooking with a tiny person who thinks Mandie qualifies as a hot dog. Pinterest projects? Oh man I can't stop laughing. An honest examination of the life of someone who should have it together but doesn't? As long as you don't mind my sleep deprived rambling, then yes that's exactly what you'll find here. Will this blog look like it used to? Nope, not at all. I don't look the same after two years (thank you stretch marks and grey hair), so why would my blog? I won't promise that I won't take another long break or quit altogether or that I'll let you know if I do either. That's the beauty of blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!