Parts of the Whole

Monday, February 11, 2013

No Time to Say Hello Goodbye

The past week has been out of control crazy and this week isn't looking much better. A couple of updates:
 
1) Mandie is doing much better. I check her urine twice a day (she just loves peeing on a paper towel)and haven't noticed anymore red since day two of the antibiotics our fabuloso vet put her on (big shout out to Dr. Malter at Oceanlake Veterinary).
 
2) The biggest change for our family this week came in the form of getting rid of our non-family friendly car. Yes, that's right folks, Husband bought this undomestic diva a very domestic vehicle. A Subaru! Happy early Valentine's Day to me.
 
I've wanted a Subaru since I was in high school and it's all I ever talk about owning (besides a Lamborghini, dream big girls, dream big). The Mustang was supposed to be a Subaru but sometimes I let Husband have his way when he shouldn't. Either way, we are now the super stoked owners of a 2010 Subaru Impreza. Pictures as soon as she gets a bath. Oh and suggestions for names welcome.
 
That's it in the the what's new here category. Didn't manage to get out and walk the dogs as much as I would've like because the weather finally remembered that this is the Oregon Coast and it started to rain again. I'm aiming for five out of seven days this week. Still no running on the horizon but believe me when I do, I'm looking at all hill work.
 
I can't believe the amount of stuff that I need to accomplish. Between paying bills, cleaning, laundry, getting Melodie's nails cut, grocery shopping and the list that never ends, I should not be writing; however, my sanity requires me to take a moment and breath. So here I sit.
 
It's amazing that I even had time to cook at all. We did break our no eating out rule big time, so this week's menu isn't nearly as exciting as last week's. However, now that I have Husband on board with eating at home more (he saw how much we really did save and rather enjoyed having something for lunch too), the menus should go back to being rather complete. Here are this week's:
 
 

 
Kathy's Delicious Slow Cooker Chicken
Literally fall off the bone fantastic. A little prep work with getting the skin off and I didn't use a whole chicken. I used bone in chicken breast halves and they worked perfectly. Perfect Sunday dinner. 


 
Johnsonville Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Chicken Sausage Mexican Market Soup
(I'll say it here: this recipe has the dumbest name)
This was a really great soup, even if it was spicier than I would've like it. This also made a ton, so I have a big container of it in the freezer for one of those "I don't want to cook and you can't make me" days. 


 
Quick Tuna Casserole
This is my favorite meal to make. Super easy and I realize that it sounds like it would gross from just the ingredients, but give it a try (the recipe is below). Husband and I both love it and we know how rare that is.


 
Master Pizza Dough
I use this recipe for my dough when I'm in a hurry. I think I may have been trying to hurry a little too much this time, though, and didn't allow it to rise properly. Next time, Master Pizza Dough, next time.
 
 
Quick Tuna Casserole
(Adapted from Allrecipes.com, originally posted by Tresa Raymer)
Printable Version

2 packages macaroni and cheese mix
2 pouches of tuna, drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 Tbl seasoned breadcrumbs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare macaroni and cheese according to directions. Stir in tuna and cream of mushroom soup. Pour mixture into greased 9x9 baking dish. Top lightly with breadcrumbs. Bake 10 to 15 minutes until bubbly. Take out of oven and try not to consume entire dish by yourself (sharing is caring).


Yes I left out the peas. Yes I doubled the recipe. Yes I want my butt to grow three sizes. Don't judge.

Well that's it for now. Off to find some motivation a.k.a. caffeine.

How do you keep sane in the midst of the hurricanes of life??

7 comments:

  1. "Johnsonville Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Chicken Sausage Mexican Market Soup".. I don't believe the name, such a weird name. But it looks yummy.

    Visiting from SITS,
    -Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the whole name was definitely a marketing plug, but it tasted great.

      Delete
  2. I used to make my own pizza, too lazy now. That looked good though...might have to revert! Happy SITS DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. coming from the SITS ~ happy featured day :D my oh my... the food looks yummy since I haven't eaten anything yet and..a subaru ? WOW !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy SITS Day! How fun you got to do the meet n greet with Gabriel Iglesias! Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, that is a pretty silly name for a soup but it sure does look good! I love a good spicy soup!

    Happy SITS day to you! Hope you have a great one. :)

    Julie @ This Gal Cooks (www.thisgalcooks.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks good! :D
    Happy SITS day! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!