Parts of the Whole

Friday, October 12, 2012

Run Down

On Sunday, I'm hoping to run my first 5k race. Today I ran. For the first time. In almost three months. I think I have a good amount of self loathing, especially since 1) it's raining for the first time in months and when I say raining, I mean there were several puddles I could've drown in and 2) I decided to run the full 5k distance.

At 1.55 miles, I started visualizing anything and everything to get me thru the rest of the run.  There were these...

...accompanied with thoughts of how great my calves would look and how slim my thighs would be. In reality, I can't feel my thighs because of the cold and I got a charlie horse ten minutes into my run. Mainly, though, my little engine that could was chugging along toward this:


This box is currently sitting on my kitchen counter, begging to be baked. It calls to me, whispers sweet nothings, taunts me every time I reach for an apple and has apparently left me delusional. It's going to be my reward for completing the run on Sunday.

In the meantime, I'm planning another run tomorrow but what's planned and how my body responds to what it perceives as today's brutal beating are two different things. Here's hoping I can at least walk tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!