Parts of the Whole

Friday, October 19, 2012

**Food Friday** Rain, Rain Go Away...

Any coastal Oregonian knows that this time of year is synonymous with rain. By rain, I mean torrential down pours that can go on for hours and carry away small dogs (yes, Melodie that means you).
 
Since it will be another six months before we see the sun, I thought I'd share a grilling recipe. Note the beautiful green grass in the grill picture and lack of puddles everywhere.
 

These burgers are another one of my recipe mash ups, where I thought, hmmm, what if I did this recipe but added this, this and that? Ninety-nine percent of the time it ends with us ordering take out, but this one was actually rather edible.


 I think barbecue sauce makes everything better.
 

*drool**sniffle**drool**sniffle* I don't think I've ever made something so tasty looking. Will be breaking out this recipe the first sunny day we have. Even if that's in May.
 
Barbecue Ranch Turkey Burgers
Printable Version

1 lb ground turkey
1/2 Tbl minced onion
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 minced clove garlic
1 Tbl seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
BBQ sauce
Sliced cheese

Mix first six ingredients thoroughly and let sit at least an hour (I do an hour in the fridge and then a half hour at room temp-I think because Rachael Ray told me so). Preheat grill over who knows what temperature. Not a very high one or a very low one, somewhere in the middle (medium perhaps?). Form 4 to 6 patties depending on size preference. Grill 5-7 minutes and flip coating done side with BBQ sauce. Grill another 5-7 minutes and flip to coat other side. Let grill another two minutes before adding cheese of your choice.




What's your favorite thing to throw on the grill??

2 comments:

  1. yum! bet that ranch dressing gives that burger a yummy tangy twist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were sooo good! I can taste them now...*sigh*

      Delete

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!