Parts of the Whole

Friday, July 20, 2012

**Food Friday!!** That's What I've Bean Trying To Tell You!

I've made it no secret that in order to get Husband to eat food he normally wouldn't but should, I use casseroles. I cannot cannot CANNOT extol the virtues of them enough. Pretty much, I have single handedly broken Husband's picky eating spirit and so, I thank you casserole makers of ol' for paving the way for myself and other undomestics.

Recently, I've been trying to use up some of my stock pile and what do I always have an abundance of? Black beans. The blame for this can be placed on Runnersworld.com and all the articles that insist that black beans will give you wings. When poking around on Pinterest for something yummy, I came across this Six Sisters' Stuff recipe for Easy Bean Enchilada Casserole. *angels singing* This recipe was CLEARLY created for me, as evidenced that it's title includes four of my all time favorite food words.

I think this closely resembles the picture of the original (minus all the yummy garnishes) if I do say so myself.

This recipe calls for enchilada sauce and since I know I can make it from scratch, I can't ever bring myself to buy it at the store (for now, I used to say the same thing about chicken broth).

I didn't have any green chiles (shocking I know) so I used a can of tomatoes with chiles. Same diff.


My pizza cutter has become one of the most versatile utensils in my kitchen.
It is possible to set up an assembly line in a galley kitchen (sort of).

 Voila! (I'll work on my photo editing)

This recipe was delicious and the leftovers the next day were still super tasty. Could've used some sour cream but apparently it's chocked full of these nasty little pant tighteners called calories. Bah humbug calories.


What is your favorite way to eat beans??

4 comments:

  1. I love black beans! My favorite way to eat them is to put them in a bowl, dice up some onion and tomato, throw that in, and sprinkle just a bit of shredded cheese on top. Heat it up in the microwave and pour on some of my favorite salsa or hot sauce. If I'm feeling ambitious, I'll sauté up some green bell pepper and onion and throw that in. It's like a burrito bowl, but way way healthier. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now I know what I'll be having for lunch today. Thanks Julie!

      Delete

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!