Parts of the Whole

Friday, July 13, 2012

**Food Friday!!** Happy Gotcha Day!

One day in July three years ago, Husband refused to leave Petsmart without Mandie. Like full on temper tantrum. So we left with Mandie.

I'm absolutely one of those people who treat my dogs like my children, aside from the fact that I leave the girls locked in a house by themselves for hours at a time. They are fed high quality food, have an overstuffed toy box and are always begging for something from their endless supply of treats. Treats are not cheap, so for Mandie's Gotcha Day ,I decided to try my hand at making some homemade ones. Off to Allrecipes.com, my number two go to website, and lo and behold they have several doggie biscuit recipes like this one.

**Disclaimer: Uh apparently my cookie cutters disappeared in our move so please don't judge the way mine turned out.**


I had read on a dog forum that fresh parsley will help with dog breath and was more than willing to test the theory.

This is one of those many undomestic moments that make up my life.


I heart my pizza cutter. Took about fifteen seconds to cut my dough.


My ever present taste testers.


Okay, feel free to judge. It's more than obvious that I need to invest in new cookie cutters. *hangs head in shame**

 Best Friend Doggie Biscuits
(posted by Allie G. on Allrecipes.com)
Printable Version
 
1 cup cornmeal
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 1 cookie sheet. In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat the egg together with the oil. Stir in the chicken broth and parsley. Gradually add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, stirring to combine and make a soft dough. Working on a lightly floured surface, lightly knead dough. Roll out to a thickness of 1/2 inch. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place cookies one inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until firm.

By the way, as far as dog biscuits go, these are kind of tasty. Or so I've been told...



So, how do you pamper your pooch??

2 comments:

  1. I bet you making these is probably less expensive than the 5 boxes a day my kids give our spoiled dog now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I'm super stingy with treats so the girls really only get them in their Kongs when we leave the house.

      Delete

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!