Parts of the Whole

Friday, April 27, 2012

**Food Friday** This is How I Casse-role

By now you pretty much know I'm a third shift slave worker, which means I spend my days in bed and by the time I get up, Husband is coming home. Since our time together is limited, I've come to rely heavily on casseroles. This one in particular barely required any prep time, as I cook up a big batch of brown rice at the beginning of each week (for recipes such as this) and I had leftover rotisserie chicken. Really the most work I did was grating the cheese, perfect for waning midweek energy.



Mmmm cheese.



I've learned that casseroles are the perfect way to get Husband to eat his veggies. Still working on chunky tomatoes.

Tasted as good as it looks.

 Creamy Chicken Casserole
2 cups cooked chopped chicken
1 cup mixed veggies
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup cream of mushroom soup
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 Tbl fresh parsley

**I used frozen veggies that I first heated in hot water before I added them in.**
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix chicken, veggies, 1/2 of the cheese, cream of mushroom soup, rice and parsley. Pour mixture into a 9x9 glass dish sprayed with Pam. Top with remainder of cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.


In case you're wondering, this is one of those few dishes that had Husband going back for seconds. Further proof that cheese is a miracle food.


So what was worth going back for seconds at your house this week?

2 comments:

  1. It looks comforting and delicious! YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delish and the title of your post seriously made me lol!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!