Parts of the Whole

Friday, December 23, 2011

Food Friday

'Tis the season to make food that warms your heart and sticks to your ribs. It's also probably the last time I'll have two days off in a row, so don't get used to all the homemade goodness.


Meatballs for Meatball Sandwiches
I used french bread for our subs because...I like french bread.
I had made this recipe before when Husband and I were first married and they were super unsuccessful. I think is mainly due to the fact, that until recently, I was a hyperactive cook, wanting things to go at the speed of an unladen African swallow. Cooking is not always so, and I've had to learn to take a deep breath and just say, "You'll eat when it's ready."


Cheddar Bay Biscuits
I thought I had a pretty good recipe for cheddar bay biscuits like they serve at Red Lobster, but I somehow misplaced it and went frantically searching on Allrecipes.com and came across this gem that I like way better. *Tip* Make sure you season your batter as well with a little garlic powder or onion powder or both, whatever you choose.


Cowboy Casserole
Husband's Rating: Good enough for seconds
Thanks to Pinterest, at least one meal a week is found easily and this one was no exception. Thanks to Lisa at The Cutting Edge of Ordinary for posting this.


Slow Cooker Chicken
I realized that a) my slow cooker should be renamed to "Fastest Cooker West of the Mississippi" and b) that none of food in the above picture is from scratch. The marinade was from Lawry's, the green beans from a can and the noodles are Lipton's (*gasp* I know not Pasta Roni but they were on sale and what can I say, I'm a cheap whore, or whore cheaply, whichever you prefer).

So how was your week in meals? Lots of hardy meals overflowing with abundance? Or are you saving it up for the "BIG DAY"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!