Parts of the Whole

Saturday, December 3, 2011

(Belated) Food Friday

You would think for as little cooking as I accomplished this week, I'd be able to get his post out on time. Except I ended up going into work 5 1/2 hours early one day and had to work both jobs a couple days, which requires more sleep than one would imagine. You know you're headed for a burn out when Rockstars have lost their potency.

Anywho, without further ado, this is what I managed to produce this week.

Spaghetti with meat sauce. I generally go meatless but Husband had that look in his eye that if I didn't give him meat, I was gonna end up in the sauce.

Cheddar Turkey Burgers with Muenster and Smoked Cheddar Mac and Cheese aka Food coma waiting to happen.
I'm also going to be trying a new format with the What's Cooking page. I will be listing each of the recipes that I post about with the link to where you can find them. I for whatever reason I have a moment of creative genius, I will put the recipe in the original post. Also, if I make something that I took out of a book, I will try and give as much information about the book as possible. I'm hoping this will help simplify my life a little better or at least, give me five extra minutes of sleep.
Muenster and Smoked Cheddar Mac and Cheese
Ingrediants:
4 oz Muenster, diced
2 oz Smoked Cheddar (I used Hickory Farms), diced
2 cups dry Orecchiette pasta
1 15oz can evaporated milk
1 small onion, chopped
2 tbl butter
2 tbl flour
1 garlic clove, minced

Cook pasta according to package instructions.
Melt butter in sauce pan over medium heat and add onions. Saute until just about translucent, then add garlic. Cook for about a minute or two (garlic burns easily stupid &%#^%), then add flour. Stir together and gradually add milk and stir until thick. (While I'm waiting for this mixture to thicken is when I actually start my pasta; I hate having it sit around glopping together and getting cold). Once milk mixture has thickened, add cheese. Once cheese has completely melted, add cooked pasta and stir until mixed. Then eat, straight from the pan before anyone else tries to get their filthy mits on it. Serve.

So tell me, how was your week? Did everything go as planned or were you flying by the seat of your pants?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!