Parts of the Whole

Friday, October 21, 2011

Food Friday

This Food Friday post almost didn't happen. I started my new job yesterday (yay me!) and my next shift is at midnight tonight, so be thankful that Sears is supposed to be bringing my new washer and dryer or you'd be reading this tomorrow. On Saturday. Which isn't Friday and so loses something in translation. So, enjoy and make sure to check out the What's Cooking page click on the links or see below for the actual recipes.


Everything goes into a pot and then into the baking dish.

Add cheese.

Best served with sour cream.

 Monday: Cheese and Mushroom Quesadillas with Mexican Rice

Rice and onions smells delicious when cooking.

Sauteeing up the 'shrooms for the quesadillas.

Add cheesy goodness.

I despise cheesy goodness leaking from my quesadillas, so I improvise.
Sour cream is a perfect addition the cheesy goodness.
Tuesday: Carmelized-Garlic Chicken from Betty Crocker Chicken Tonight

Garlic and chicken

Topped with provolone cheese (dare I say it? cheesy goodness)
 Wednesday: Mexican Lasagna

Another everything into the pot and then into the pan. Topping corn tortillas.

Add another layers of tortillas, salsa and cheese.

Not photographed with sour cream but you can believe it was there.

Thursday: Well we were supposed to have the Chicken Pot Pie from Cooking Nibbles but since it was my first day at my new job (yay me!), we opted for McD's. Hopefully, next week I'll be able to bust out this recipe.

TUESDAY-Carmelized-Garlic Chicken
(from pg. 131 of Betty Crocker Chicken Tonight)
Ingredients:
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 water
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast halves
slices of Provolone cheese, halved
Directions:
(note: the original recipe calls for slices of tomato, Havarti cheese and basil to top each piece of chicken. Husband hates tomato, I didn't have Havarti so we (I) improvised)
Cook garlic and oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, just until garlic begins to turn brown. Stir in brown sugar until melted. Sprinkle salt over chicken. Add chicken to skillet. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until brown. Add water. Cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until chicken is glazed and no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut and liquid has evaporated. Chicken will be golden brown. Watch carefully to prevent scorching. Top each chicken piece with cheese (or tomato, cheese and basil if you so desire). Cover and heat 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.



2 comments:

  1. Holy mother of cod, that is a fine week of dining. I wish I knew how you made some of those things. I can riff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so cheesy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!