Parts of the Whole

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's My Anniversary and I'll Eat What I Want To...

So today Husband and I celebrate two years of marriage. Mm, well maybe not celebrate since he's still away working, but we've definitely acknowledged the fact that it's been two years since we sealed our fate with a kiss.

While Husband was heating himself up some leftovers in his hotel room, I felt the need to be enveloped in a great big embrace and slathered with rich creamy sauce. I made mac & cheese.

I've made this particular recipe before, so I wasn't afraid to make it my own (it doesn't call for any garlic for pete's sake!! what self respecting recipe doesn't have garlic?!). I added garlic and chopped onion, which I put in while melting the butter (the onion, not the garlic; the garlic I added with the dry ingredients so I wouldn't burn it). I also don't have ground mustard (I have a thousand recipes that call for ground mustard but no actual ground mustard), so I used good ol' regular yellow mustard. Food gurus everywhere can shame me but it's what I had. So neener neener neener.

This is one of those recipes that's so hard for me to finish because half way thru everything starts to taste SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good and I was ready to take a spoon and the cheese sauce (not the CHEESE SAUCE but close) and go throw myself a pity party. However, I practiced self restraint and followed it all the way through to the very yummy end. Happy anniversary to me.

Oh and I didn't use elbow macaroni. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!