Parts of the Whole

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Kind of a failure

Not only am I domestically challenged (as evidenced by the fact that I have to do laundry tonight or go to work in running shorts and a poncho), but I am also bloglically challenged. It has been over a month since I last wrote anything here and it's not because there have been a shortage of domestic mishaps. Oh believe me, there have been some doozies, like the many mornings where I've tried to make coffee for UH (understanding husband) using the delayed brew function but have forgotten to put down the water reservoir lid (stupid coffee maker mechanics). Or the night I followed Melodie around for two hours while she puked on my carpet. Or unthawing frozen applesauce thinking it was baked beans. Or somehow managing to explode a can of crescent rolls in the fridge.

My improvisational cooking skills have gotten much better, though, but I'm still a horrible housekeeper, as exhibited by the hand wash only Pampered Chef items in my double sink that have been there so long I can't remember the last time I used them. Also, if I stopped decorating for Christmas now, I'd have 100x the stuff up that I did last year. I even sent out Christmas cards. That had our pictures on them. All four of us! Really, it doesn't get much more domestic than that.

In all seriousness, I do want to get a create a more substantial structure for this blog. There are a few things I'd like to do, so hopefully after the first of the year I'll be able to reveal my brain child. Sounds racy doesn't it?

UDG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!