Parts of the Whole

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Concoctions by UDG

So lately, I've been on the search for a new hobby. I have a lot of free time after work, so I've started baking again. Well the bread machine has started baking again. I really like to let the machine do the dough and then either put the dough in a bread pan or make rolls. One day this week I made chicken, scalloped potatoes and four herb bread rolls. As you can guess we were sufficiently stuffed afterward. The leftover potatoes made yummy lunches for a couple of days and I used the rolls the next day to make garlic bread for spaghetti.
Scalloped Potatoes

Four Herb Bread Rolls





Today we had perfect baking weather (as opposed to the triple digit heat I was baking in earlier in the week). A very dear coworker had a birthday last week and I found out she loves banana bread, so today, my bananas were finally ripe enough and I tried out my first real banana bread recipe. It made the entire apartment smell soooooooooooo scrumptious. I'll have to let you know how it tastes after I take it to work tomorrow. I hope my zucchinis are still good because I want to try Binky's zucchini bread recipe next.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!