Parts of the Whole

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Domesticity

We have white carpet in our apartment. Well, it was white seven months ago when we moved in. Now, every time I clean up one stain with my freaking awesome Little Green Machine, sixteen more pop up. Naturally, I've given up.

This pretty much sums up my life as a domestic housewife. Well a domestic housewife who works forty hours a week at a high stress job and then comes home to be a domestic housewife. And not only do I have myself to worry about, but a husband who works 10 hour days, six days a week and two dogs aka "the fur kids." There are days when I honestly don't know who needs more attention, the hubby or the girls.

Sad to say, this amount of activity hasn't left me much room for anything else, which I realized as I looked around my apartment and noticed that all the decorating has been done by Husband, who did an amazing job. He even picked out the red curtains for the living room which I love. Our spare bedroom is supposed to be my black and white room and is actually just an extension of Husband's closet. Our bedroom isn't bad (at least I invested in a nice bed set) except that it has ONE picture in it. We have more cell phone chargers in the room than pictures.

The living room has to be rearranged almost weekly, as the puppy, Melodie, is a bit of a counter surfer. She'll launch herself off the back of the couch and onto the counter. And please don't get me started on the office nook or as I like to refer to it, "over there." As in, um I don't know where that goes, just put it over there. The kitchen is probably the room that stays the most organized and the bathroom haunts my dreams. Our garage, however, is in impeccable shape...because Husband organized it.

It's not easy being domestically challenged, but someone has to do it. I got volunteered for it.

2 comments:

  1. a) White carpets terrify.
    b) Guys who decorate earn a special place in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed and agreed. He also cooks Sunday breakfast and does his own laundry. Oh and our new apartment has white carpets too. It give me a pain behind my right eye.

      Delete

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!