Parts of the Whole

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Eat This

I almost didn't sit down to write this post. Monkey has been sick for a while and today he not only woke up cranky and not feeling well, but one eye was almost swollen shut. Today is my Saturday, so I'm home with crankypants. An upset one year old is akin to a sixteen year old girl with PMS. We went from playing happily to screaming to reading quietly to screaming. If I close my eyes, I can still feel him pulling on my legs to be picked up and hear him yelling in my ear to be put down. You better believe that the second I'm done here I'm pouring myself a very very very tall glass of wine. Very tall.

One of the things that has been super challenging since becoming a domestically challenged mommy is preparing meals. Any meal. Even snacks. I've had to rely on ready made options more often than not and you know what? We're all alive and nourished. In fact, I was able to throw together a really scrumptious dinner thanks to my Ergo carrier and stuff I already had on hand. Never underestimate the power of your pantry.

  Kinda Sorta Chicken Spinach Alfredo
1 package precooked chicken strips
1 cup frozen chopped spinach
1 jar Alfredo sauce
1 regular package spaghetti
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
**This is not a particularly sauce-y recipe. Have you cleaned Alfredo out of a toddler's hair lately. If you prefer more sauce, add an extra jar.**
Prepare spaghetti according to package directions. Cook spinach on medium heat in a small saucepan. Once heated through, add garlic. Add precooked chicken strips and jarred Alfredo sauce. Heat through. Combine with spaghetti.

The really epic thing about this? I got to eat this meal hot. 

Mommy made. Monkey approved.

Get used to seeing spinach in just about every recipe I make. Monkey had low iron at his nine month check up and one of the ways we're trying to up his levels is through his diet. Leafy greens are iron rich and spinach blends in to just about everything. It's like tofu. Just not. Now, where's that wine?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!