Parts of the Whole

Monday, November 14, 2011

**Meatless Monday** Shortcuts

I'm just going to come out and say it. I cheat. At least 3 to 4 times a week. I guess I should feel ashamed about using store bought food, in an age where everyone is spouting off about going green and how even the preservatives have preservatives in them. I should feel ashamed, but I don't. (you know who should feel ashamed? Those of you who have your finger hovering over Husband's number on your phone)

When I work back to back shifts, creating a 14 hour day, then have two hours to start the cleaning and get something for at least myself to eat before I go to bed, I don't have time to let my bread rise, yet alone punch it down and watch it rise again like some Michael Jordan comeback. No, I pull frozen all-ready-to-go-just-slap-it-in-the-oven garlic bread out of the freezer and call it good. I mean I have my spaghetti sauce recipe down to getting everything in the pot in under 20 minutes so it can simmer for an hour. In that hour, I can start the dishwasher, start a load of laundry, wipe down the bathroom fixtures, straighten up, put the wet laundry in the dryer and maybe vacuum, thus leaving feeding the fur kids to Husband. Plus I'm on here, responding to any comments, making sure I haven't totally thrown off my posting schedule (again) and laughing at any Walmart emails Binky has sent me.

So now you know my dirty little secret. I suppose I should also let it be known that we love Pasta Roni and Hamburger Helper. I feel much better now. The truth is so freeing.

Well the Ranch dressing is homemade and so is the spaghetti sauce, so 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

1 comment:

  1. The truth will set you free. Homemade sauce & ranch is good enough for me!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!