Parts of the Whole

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Team Work

Today in the mail I received a package that contained the clothes I left while visiting Husband (freshly laundered and smelling AWESOME!), the case that contains our video collection and two empty bottles of Crown. While all of those together are smile inducing (except for the Crown, WTF Husband?!), the real kicker was that he addressed the box to Team Lloyd. When my mom sends me coupons in the mail, she addresses the envelope to Team Lloyd. When we talk to friends, they ask, "How is Team Llloyd?" We even have our own sign:




 But the best reminder that I am part of something bigger than myself, came this past 4th of July weekend, when on Sunday, for the second time, our a/c went out. And I about lost my mind, which you have to realize doesn't happen. I live by a very strict standard that says "Keep your head when all about you are losing theirs" (thank you Rudyard Kipling and Mrs. Senior Year English Teacher Who I Vowed Never To Forget But Obviously Have). I called Husband and when I didn't like what he had to say I hung up on him. Best wife ever, I know. I whined and whined and whined some more. And despite the whining and the enormous amount of  PMS type crankiness (minus the bleeding and bloating), I was still loved.

Husband went online to price small window ac units. Binky and my favorite coworker offered for the girls and I to come stay with them. People whined and threatened the landlords on my behalf (only on Facebook, no threats, real or otherwise were actually carried out). A very good friend offered up a portable swamp cooler. Team Lloyd grew in its ranks, if only until 11:45 am on Tuesday when the a/c cowboy (Wranglers and cowboy boots, I kid you not) rode into my parking spot and saved the day.

So thank you everyone for putting up with the most ridiculous UDG I hope you ever see. A special thanks to Husband, who despite being 8 hours away, was helpful and kept me laughing and made me feel loved, even at my snarkiest (but hey it's hard to stay mad at a guy who's intrigued by the confession that you're in Walmart and just realized that you forgot to put underwear on).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!