Parts of the Whole

Monday, June 20, 2011

Photo Throw Up


I think I can safely say that I hold the trophy for worst blogger ever. Part of it isn't my fault! I blame Blogger's inability to function the way it's supposed to for separating me from the masses. The other part is completely my fault. Go ahead, take a second, judge me, you'll feel better. It's okay, I'll wait.

Okay now stop. I have feelings too ya know. In order to play catch up, here is a plethora of photos (and one recipe). No licking your screens.


Binky and Snooky's Lasagna (and no you're not going to get the recipe for this one...we own this dish!)


No licking the screen!


Jam Muffins! My 10 o'clock snack...and 12 o'clock...and 2 o'clock...and...


What's that little muffin? Eat me you say? Don't mind if I do.


Breakfast!


Making falafel.


Falafel and Goddess Dressing. You could maybe drool a little.


I figured out the grater can actually grate more than cheese. Who knew??


Sunday Morning Breakfast: Hash Browns

So let's talk falafel. I love it. Would eat it everyday. And since the UDG is cursing...er uh, counting calories, I could get away with it with this recipe.

BAKED FALAFEL
recipe posted by CATCH23 on Recipes.Sparkpeople.com
(my changes in italics)

    1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans
    1 small onion, finely chopped
    2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped (I used pre-minced garlic)
    3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
    1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1 teaspoon coriander
    1 teaspoon cumin
    1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
    2 tablespoons flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans. Put in a medium sized bowl and smash with a fork. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. (I used my small food processor and mixed after I added each ingredient) Form into small balls, about 1 1/2″ in diameter and slightly flatten. Place onto an oiled baking pan. (items from Pampered Chef's stoneware line work really well also, just saying)

Bake for 15 minutes on each side, until nicely browned (since it’s baked, only the part actually touching the pan will be browned and crispy). (I would maybe do 17 minutes per side but that's just my oven. You have to know your oven, feel it out, maybe take it out for cocktails)

There you are. Hope this post was worth the wait. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!