Parts of the Whole

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Full house

I swear my sink has a replication feature. Put one dish in, fifteen more pop up. Luckily I've managed to tame the beast and gain not only my sink back, but counter space as well.
Since I was sick and missed an entire week of work (which sent my poor bosses into panic mode), today is the first day things have felt like they were back to normal. I left work Friday completely caught up, so I can enjoy my weekend.

Today was full of errands. A trip to Tractor Supply Company for dog biscuits (normally I buy the assorted Old Mother Hubbard brand-3lbs for $9.99, but they were out, so today was their house brand assorted $4.99 for 5 lbs-I LOVE TSC!), Sears for tool batteries, Trader Joe's for nummy goodness, and Petsmart for Mandie's manicure (she goes once a month, I can't tell you the last time I had one). Oh and hamster supplies. Yes that's right I convinced the great love of my life to not only get a guinea pig (our beloved Bubbles) but I've also convinced him we need a hamster. We recently bought Bubbles a bigger cage (but still not quite big enough as GPs require a minimum of 7.5 feet), so the hamster cage that HH (handy hubby) built me is empty. Well not for long.

So we are soon to have quite the menagerie in our small apartment and I couldn't be happier. With the endless resources of the internet, I can't tell you how much I've learned about the care and wellbeing of our pets. From feeding the girls a species appropriate diet to being convicted of buying animal care products from local/American sources (which then led to the resolution to buy other things locally), I spend a lot of time on our pets. My head, which many will tell you was already full of trivia, is now leaking knowledge out the ears. Man I hope this doesn't mean I need therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!